Thursday, June 18, 2015

24 Weeks / An Ode to Single Parents

*written on Tuesday, posted today because I forgot to post it*

For the past few days I've been running the show solo. 
Well, technically that's not true since I have amazing friends, family & in-laws who have been around to lend helping hands. But not having my husband here... I have a whole new respect for single moms and dads.

John is in Seattle climbing Mount Rainier. We drove him to the airport for 6:30 am on Thursday and are anxiously awaiting his return late tomorrow evening. 

Thankfully my kiddo is a happy baby and things haven't felt too overwhelming. She had a few over-tired fusses but nothing serious. 

But this time with my content kid has made me appreciate how lucky I am to have a partner in this parenting adventure, as well as a very supportive family.

Big thank-you's go out to my mom, my sister, my dad, my mother- and father-in-law, John's aunt, and my book-club ladies for the company. 

Single moms and dads - you have my utmost respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment